Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ugh. I really hate sharing anything... that hasn't been moderately refined. But when one must share doodles, one must share doodles.
Synchronicity, serendipity, spontaneity, surrender... Success! Maybe not quite success, but I've certainly got some things to work with here (A couple of which I plan to keep working on).
I'm still not entirely sure how these four s's actually work together, but the idea is a pretty one.
For the first half of this thirty minute session, I doodled while listening to some of the videos. That certainly had an affect on what I drew, as did what I was looking at.
I started with the duck. There are ducks in my backyard--I was watching them waddle around when I started the duck sketch. I then doodled a person... thinking about doodling the duck.
Then serendipity got stuck in my mind. The definition is a "fortunate happenstance", according to Google. That got me off on the tangent of fortune and fate, which ultimately led to the cosmic. Hence the planet and comet.
Then someone in the videos (I lost track of which one I was on at this point) talked about the window to the soul, a merging of technology and biology, global inspiration, etc...
Then I went back to the ducks, who were by the pond. Pond = fish. Koi fish.
I don't know if anything I doodled can be attributed to serendipity except to the word itself. But spontaneity and synchronicity were certainly present during this session. Surrender? I'm an artist by nature, but I have a hard time limiting my drawings to doodles. It was easy, though, to just draw whatever came to mind--surrendering myself to, well, fortunate happenstance. And the other two s's.

No comments:

Post a Comment