Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The project I hated

So the project was a neat idea...

BUT I HATED IT.
I hate to say it but... it's true.

I worked my butt off last night drawing and recording this, only to run into every single possible thing that could mess up.
One of the files got corrupted.
iMovie refused to work.
Youtube seems to have forgotten how to process a video.
Blogger doesn't understand how to movie..


etc.


Anyway, Tasting the Sound of a Second..


I decided to draw something (Big shocker), but the focus of the project was not the drawing itself. No, it was the sound the creation of the project produced.
So I have 45 minutes of the sounds of pencils and markers sliding across a paper surface.
The subject was an hourglass, with an Eastern Asian dragon and a tree encompassing it.
The lung dragon (Eastern Asian cultures view dragons as good omens, representing water and heaven) and the tree (nature, earth, life) are holding time.
The sounds created were, in my opinion, lovely. I found myself trying to listen as I drew, but I was still surprised by what I could hear in the recordings. It wasn't just the sound of pencil and pen on paper, interrupted by the occasional sniffle (blah, sick). If you listen hard enough, you can hear me breathing.
And probably my tummy rumbling.


No comments:

Post a Comment