Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fear Pt 3

Everyone had such wonderful and thoughtful projects. I think the one that hit home the most for me was Spencer's project.

I am a rather insecure person (though most people who see just the surface don't believe that). I dislike myself and many aspects of myself greatly. I know this hinders me and my creativity, but it's very difficult to move past something that can be so crippling--like hating oneself.
Spencer had me put that into perspective by writing my insecurities down on a piece of paper and then symbolically destroying those hateful thoughts by shredding that paper and those written ideas.

I can draw a lot from Spencer's project (And it does remind me of my own project, since some of the insecurities I harbor stem from the fear of failure). It still resonates in my mind and, I think, it will for some time. Next time I'm feeling the urge to just trash whatever I'm working on, I hope I'll remember shredding that paper. I hope the memory will be enough for me work up the courage to stomp down my fears and let them chain me no longer.

For this freeing experience, I must thank you, Spencer.

No comments:

Post a Comment